Friday, August 19, 2011

Welcome to Read. Write. Think. Discover.

Hello, everyone,

Welcome to my new blog. Have you ever noticed that there's a lot of noise out there? Noise on the TV. Noise on the radio. Noise on the Internet. I want to help you try and cut through the noise.

The goal of this blog is to introduce you to writing that I think is really cool.



So, let's begin. The most logical place to begin, since this is an Internet blog, is with stories on the Internet. I'm going to try and find writing from the Net that I think is cool. And then I hope you'll check it out too. And maybe we can discuss it together.

The first story I'm going to highlight is "Between Things" by Roxane Gay, which you can find here: http://www.pindeldyboz.com/between_things.htm. For now, I'm not going to discuss the works. But maybe later, I will. Maybe later, this site will also include other cool things like author interviews to help you discover some works by authors you didn't know or works by authors that you thought you knew but didn't.

I look forward to reading, writing, and discovering with you. Feel free to comment, suggest, or argue.

--Lori

No comments:

Post a Comment